Saturday, July 4, 2009

Two New Causes To Investigate


I had a fantastic evening with a former missionary companion last night, just the two of us had an opportunity to go out to dinner and talk about things that were going on in our lives. He spoke passionately about his country, his love for American and her freedoms, how he was involved with Mitt Romney's campaign and his future involvement with conservative causes. I love him and admire him for all of the many things he has accomplished in his life, on top of which he is an amazing husband and father. He inspires me to be committed to things that I believe in and that is why I share these next two causes with you -

The first is the Patrick Henry Caucus. Patrick Henry reminds me of Nathan in the New Testament - a man without guile. Patrick Henry was not afraid to say what he believed in, no matter who he might offend or who might agree/disagree with him. He disagreed with the Founding Fathers at times but he always remained true to the cause of freedom and liberty. There is a movement afoot that encapsulates the ideals of Patrick Henry and promotes freedom and liberty no matter what the price that needs to be paid to return us to those. Please investigate the Patrick Henry Caucus here, I believe you will find it well worth your time. Thanks to my father-in-law, Bob Norman, for giving me the heads up for the Patrick Henry Caucus.

The second is the 9.12 project, headed by Glenn Beck. In the Independence Day parade here in Tooele we had a float that had the 9.12 project on it. I didn't know what it was and neither did my brother-in-law sitting next to me. I looked it up today and was surprised to find it was related to Glenn Beck. I have read many of Glenn Beck's books and although I don't like his move to FOX from CNN, he and I see eye to eye on many things. His 9.12 project mission statement is as follows -

This is a non-political movement. The 9-12 Project is designed to bring us all back to the place we were on September 12, 2001. The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with Red States, Blue States or political parties. We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the greatest nation ever created.

I love the concept of not considering who belongs to what party but considering what our freedoms are and how we can protect and preserve them. Please check out the 9.12 project here and get involved.

Have a wonderful Independence Day, thank the Lord for all of the blessings you enjoy as a citizen of this country, and please be careful out on the roads as you travel tonight. 4th of July accidents are a terrible thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment