Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Traitor Among Us

Arlen Specter, I don't believe you and I suspect that the people who voted for you won't either. You sold out all those who supported you and fought for your cause. You are a traitor to those who donated to your campaign because they believed in you.

Today Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA) switched parties from Republican to Democrat. This is like what Jim Jeffords (I-VT) did when he switched from Republican to Independent several years ago. Jeffords is, really, a Democrat and not an Independent. When he switched it gave control to the Democrats. Now the Democrats only need 1 more vote to make any piece of legislation filibuster-proof. Meaning - whatever they want, goes.

This is crass and low. His reasons for switching are not about idea or ideals. This is a man who has voted Democrat many times, much like John McCain did.

Here is a quote from RedState -

Just over a month ago, Specter told The Hill “I am staying a Republican because I think I have an important role — a more important role — to play there. I think the United States desparately needs a two party system. It is the basis of politics in America. I think each of the 41 Republican Senators, in a sense, and I don’t want to overstate this, is a national asset, because if one was gone you would only have 40. The Democrats would have 60 and they would control all of the mechanisms of government.”

Arlen Specter chose to become a Democrat because he was afraid that he couldn't win the Republican primary in 2010 against Pat Toomey, let alone the general election. In his statement he claims that the Republican party has left him.

I understand that. I left the Republican party as well because I didn't feel like they were following the mandates and instructions of the Constitution. Not because I didn't think I could win the next election as a Republican so I switched parties.

Specter just knew he couldn't win in the Republican party with his ideas. Because he has no ideas. He is the epitome of what is wrong with Washington.

I hope the good people of PA see through this garbage and vote him right out of office next year.

Of course President Barack Obama has called to welcome him to the party. Hopefully he won't offer him a ride in Air Force One as it flies past the Statue of Liberty for an updated photo shoot.

Goodbye Sen. Specter, don't let the door hit you in the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment